Welcome To My World

"Why not me?" is the question I asked myself about starting a blog. I love to share my advice, life-lessons,random trivia facts etc..and people listen to me when I speak. I don't know why they do but they do and that's all I need to validate starting this written version of my brain's inner working.
I don't know where this will take us so bear with me as I navigate life and take you along for the journey! Thanks to all who are willing to give me a chance.....
Nicole

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Day Here In My World.....

The woods are lovely ,dark and deep
But  I have miles to go before I sleep 
           And miles to go before I sleep....
                                                           -ROBERT FROST 1923-
  This past week marked the publishing of Frost's "Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening" and since I have quoted those last two lines since 4th grade, I thought it was fitting to have today's post pay homage to it and him. Studying the meaning behind those lines and you will find out how much you relate/related to them, how although we wish we could stay where we are comfortable in life, that we have a long journey ahead and must keep moving.....

            My mood today is slightly cynical and that is unusual for me, so please don't mind my salty tone...I have decide to try and keep on truckin'! So.... now I am wishing that the path not taken was taken, regarding my marriage that is. I am trying to figure out how to move from victim of domestic violence to survivor of it, and I am slowly learning that I am not a survivor, and having a (small ,yet important epiphany ),largely due to the question that looms..When are you past one stage and into the next? I am only a survivor if it didn't kill me, but with D.V. you truly never know when it's over...And so I ask, when and how to attain the title of D.V. Survivor? If I die without ever being abused again seems to be  the only time I can claim the D.V survivor label, silly and sad at the same time.Please tell me that you understand what I'm talking about...
I will post my link to my Facebook community page "ROCK DA ROC"..This is one of my Archive photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment