Welcome To My World

"Why not me?" is the question I asked myself about starting a blog. I love to share my advice, life-lessons,random trivia facts etc..and people listen to me when I speak. I don't know why they do but they do and that's all I need to validate starting this written version of my brain's inner working.
I don't know where this will take us so bear with me as I navigate life and take you along for the journey! Thanks to all who are willing to give me a chance.....
Nicole

Friday, September 9, 2011

Reasons I Am Afraid of My 12 Year Old

Seriously, have you been around a group of preteen kids? Terror strikes when I think of myself at that age and although my offspring are by far better than I was, I can't help but shutter at ideas that roll through my head!
1- The slang they use! Huh? Are they planning a heist or just gossiping? I can't tell anymore what is being said which brings me to my next scary gripe.
2- When did spelling everything incorrectly become in vogue? Not only by kids but Twitter users are now purposely doing it! I can't help but wondering if this is a problem with not knowing correct spelling or just a fad.
3- Mood swinging like a pendulum has me ready for hugs, tears, groaning, eye rolling and possible breathing fire!
4- Last week boys were another gross, unfortunate necessary evil in this world! This week, mentioning them is met by giggles, a 'knowing' glance to her BFF and an obligatory "AARRGGH MOM SHUT UP!".
This is only a partial list and if anyone has something to add, please join my Jr. High Battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment